Friday, December 2, 2011

Apert Sydrome

People many look at me wired or call me name or tease me. I am a disability person. I have special needs. I was surprise a guy ask did i have a amputation done to my leg. I told him i was born like that. the truth why i have four fingers and webbed feet or i can't talk perfect or i can't see well. it because i have apert syndrome     
          Apert syndrome is a craniofacial (head and face) and limb disorder caused by a genetic defect on chromosome 10 (98 percent of cases). Usually there is no family history of the syndrome. In the United States, Apert syndrome occurs in approximately 15.5 infants per million births. People of Asian heritage have the highest prevalence (22.3 per million births), and people of Hispanic heritage have the lowest prevalence (7.8 per million births). It occurs in both boys and girls. Children born with Apert syndrome have distinctive malformations of the head, face and limbs.
         It was hard go through school. I token class that I thought I couldn't do. Band class i had for fun. I had to be get help and learning the music. or tap my foot to the beat. I was to small for the band uniforms. Swimming class was another one was hard to take because I couldn't swim. Plus my arm cant do all the movement that the other students can do.
         I got trease a lot in school when I was younger. I got name call at me. I try to ignore what they are saying to me. I went to teacher or staff member. I even volunteer at my local high school and helping them out where ever they need it. for my friend they got my back and I got there. i know I can hopefully count on theirs. I know one thing i didn't like it when we had a sub in the class. i even join a special Olympics team. I even pick up bowling.          
          Please help me stop the bully on the special need. these special need some encouragement from us. Even if we get trease or pick on. I don't like when my friends are hurting because someone did to them. We need to stand up and do something about it.  It break my heart to see someone or somebody get pick on.           

No comments:

Post a Comment