Saturday, October 6, 2012

Rolling thunder Soccer team / sportmanship

A couple week ago. i was at my first Special Olympics soccer tournament. i made 3rd captain there are 2 more captain beside me. we lost all three game. the second we got bad sportsmanship from the team we were play against. they where talking trash against our team. so i pull my team together and told them not to worry about it. at least rolling thunder was working hard and trying to get goal and in till somebody had to get hurt. we play the other team 2 week later and we lost one game tie the second and they still trash talk us. rolling thunder is making improvements and getting better. i don't know if we play another game before we go to state. all i know my team will be ready and prepare even though we have a couple of 1st years. i don't know why the other team didn't know sportsmanship but i know the rolling thunder had sportsmanship or fair i know. 

What Is Sportsmanship?

Sportsmanship is defined as:
  • playing fair
  • following the rules of the game
  • respecting the judgment of referees and officials
  • treating opponents with respect
Some people define good sportsmanship as the "golden rule" of sports — in other words, treating the people you play with and against as you'd like to be treated yourself. You demonstrate good sportsmanship when you show respect for yourself, your teammates, and your opponents, for the coaches on both sides, and for the referees, judges, and other officials.
But sportsmanship isn't just reserved for the people on the field. Cheerleaders, fans, and parents also need to be aware of how they behave during competition. Sportsmanship is a style and an attitude, and it can have a positive influence on everyone around you.

soccer is a game of mind,thinking,teamwork,believing in each other and making mistakes :)

Team-friends stick with you, kick the ball with you, make goals with you, and always there to support you!

we play as a team and we never give up... soccer ♥

Warning play soccer at your own risk. Consists of muscle pain, dirtiness,pain, and having a fun time even though your about to pass out : )

You'll never win if you're afraid to lose.

‎"Good players practice till they get it right, Great players practice till the never get it wrong"~ unknown
. the butterflies before the whistle blows for the beginning of a soccer game ♥

If you don't believe you can win then there is no point in getting out of bed at the end of the day

we play as a team and we never give up... soccer ♥

i am scared and nervous about tomorrow game. i hope the rolling thunder soccer team can get the act together and start playing as a time. even if we are one member down. that mean twice the work. 

Soccer team stand as a team nothing can ever separate us. If you try to screw us over we will come back and take you down.

.Heading to the soccer game. Good luck to all four teams. we got beat by the wildcats. we try of best.


One of the three captains this is my first year doing captain. It differently hard being a captain and trying not get mad at the team. I have pay respect to the team if you want it back. And having patience is the key to a success.

If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just pop it in the net and we'll discuss your options afterwards.

Some play for fun, Some play for popularity, some play like me... they play to win, play hard and play to just be in the game they love Soccer!

Pack and ready to go for the weekend for the special olympics soccer state finals. Let go rolling thunder and golden rush . I will still be proud of both team. Let put all our hard work into games. Let make our town pround of us. Let make the goal. Be pround of what we came to do. Thank to all the parents that taken to all the practice and games. Thank you to all coaches that taught and taken time out of there day to teach and coach us on soccer.

I'm sweaty, muddy, my muscles ache, my knees have no skin, my coach yells at me, the ref's against me, you better believe I ♥ soccer

Second game gold rush 2-1 gold rush won and rolling thunder 8 - 4 we also won that game both time are bronze medal

both of the teams from West Branch Special Olympics Soccer won 1 of thei games at the State Games today. They have won the Bronze Medals for both Teams. That is REALLY GREAT GUYS. My Hat is off to you!!!!

Violet just posted that both teams lost their first games. They should be playing their 2nd games shortly. Again I will say that They are already WINNNERS just by being there. As long as you play your best and as Jake says learn from your mistakes. WE are proud of YOU ALL!!!!!!!

I just want to send Good Luck Wishes to District 4 Specal Oylmpics Soccer teams,"Goldrush" And "Rolling Thunder". As they should be playing their games right now. Ths is my son, Jake's team and My neighbor, Violet' team. I couldn't go with them this time so I am sending my good wishes by facebook.

Thank to the rolling thunder team for a first year experience and me being one of three captains. I love my whole team. Let be ready to do this again next year
Make sure you keep up on your skills for next year. I am very proud of both teams. They play two hard teams and they play very hard to get goal. I also want to thank the goal rush for cheering us on. I really appreciate it. Thank you to 
all the chaperones that spend time to travel with us. Thank you to the coaches Mary , Chris  Mike and Jessie. For the teams you are winners in my book. I hope everyone will return for next special olympics soccer season. We came together as a team and a family. Thank you for the parents for taking us to all of the soccer things. I post pictures tomorrow .





even through i am a first time captain we can all break down but the coaches can back you up.








No comments:

Post a Comment